Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

Website With Predicted Timeline of Future Events Backed by Research and Data

GrumpyGuyGrumpyGuy Member
edited June 2017 in Learning
http://www.futuretimeline.net/

This website lets you view timelines of predicted events by year.  The predictions come from research of actual data/current facts and are all backed up with information (scroll down below the timelines to view).  As far as I can tell, none of the information comes from people sitting in their living room making speculations based on their personal preferences, but instead comes from people who have carefully studied and fact-checked things. 

It might still be good to keep a salt shaker nearby, just in case, as with all information sources.

Example for 2018:   http://www.futuretimeline.net/21stcentury/2018.htm

2018-2048

Uganda is an oil-producing nation

A missile defence shield is deployed in Europe
The first private supersonic jet
The African Central Bank is established
East Africa's largest ever infrastructure project
South Korean city Pyeongchang hosts the Winter Olympics
Russia hosts the FIFA World Cup

InSight touches down on Mars
The James Webb Space Telescope is launched
Japan lunar rover mission
The Japanese Hayabusa-2 probe arrives at 1999 JU3
Completion of the 100,000 Genomes Project
Universal flu vaccine
Polio has been eradicated
A drug to prevent obesity
Crossrail opens in London
The Transbay Transit Center is completed in San Francisco
Many complex surgeries are performed by robots
The NHS begins high-energy proton therapy in England
Enterprise-grade SSDs reach 128TB of capacity
Consumer devices with 100 Gbit/s transfer speeds
Portable, long-range 3D scanning
Scientists drill into Earth's mantle
The first Hyperloop track is open to the public

Comments

• One of the examples above, elaborated:

Portable, long-range 3D scanning

Recent advances in time-of-flight (ToF) systems, based on extra long wavelengths, have enabled 3D scans to be obtained from up to a kilometre away using handheld devices. This range will soon be extended to 10 kilometres, with millimetre accuracy. Applications include the scanning of static, man-made targets such as vehicles, identification of objects hidden behind foliage, remote examination of the health and volume of vegetation and the movement of rock faces to assess hazards.* This is adding to privacy concerns over the explosion of security and surveillance emerging at this time.

-----

Well, that technology sounds alarming, since I'm sure I know who will be allowed to use it and for what purposes.

• This page is very interesting and I recommend reading it:

http://www.futuretimeline.net/21stcentury/2025.htm#future-unemployment

We're going to go through a rough patch, I think.  As someone lacking in high-demand skills I'm going to be made "obsolete" in pretty much all ways sooner rather than later.  Dealing with that will definitely be interesting.

• Bump - no thoughts about this?  More interesting than 90% of the recent stuff, in my opinion.
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    What I found interesting is that there seems to be a strange effort to keep things as they are despite the elephant in the room that we already live in technological and resource abundance. Just 150 farm towers can feed all of New York? Safe nuclear mini-generators solve the nuclear waste issue by reusing it? Anyone can go anywhere in the world in four or less hours? 3D-printing machines can provide anything anyone wants, whenever they want it? Any of the above things could herald paradise, let alone all of them (and others) in combination.

Of course, all this assumes that absolutely nothing significant happens between now and 2050. No upheavals of any sort. I recently came across an interesting observation: When economic and social systems change, while the change itself might seem self-evident, what the change leads to is unpredictable. For instance, no one coming out of feudalism, even though the factories were going up, knew what capitalism would turn into. Nor did anyone understand what communism would turn into in 1917. Now that scarcity itself is imploding, we can envision "guaranteed incomes" and "flying cars", but it's probably not the form the future will take. 
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)