Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

Austria on course to elect world's youngest leader.. EU not happy

Sebastian Kurz is set to become the world's youngest head of government ahead of Kim Jong Un and San Marino's Enrico Carattoni.

Austria's foreign minister is on course to become the country's next chancellor and the world's youngest head of government.

Sebastian Kurz, 31, has declared victory after near-final results from Sunday's election put his People's Party on 31.4%.

That figure is not enough for an overall majority, meaning he would either have to form a coalition or a minority government to become chancellor.

The eurosceptic Freedom Party is in second place with 27.4% and the centre-left Social Democrats are third with 26.7%.

Both Mr Kurz's People's Party and the Freedom Party have focused their campaigns on concerns about immigration and Islam.

If projections are correct, it could herald a coalition between the two parties - which would mean a rightward turn for Austria.

http://news.sky.com/story/austria-on-course-to-elect-worlds-youngest-leader-11082955

"Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
“The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
"If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer

Comments

• Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator

'How's that European solidarity?' EU boss Tajani MOCKED for Austrian election result tweet

ANTONIO TAJANI has been mocked for praising Eurosceptic Sebastian Kurz over his Austria election victory after the Brussels boss expressed the need for strong EU solidarity.

Mr Kurz’s People’s Party (OVP) is on course to win leadership and could form a coalition with the right-wing populist Freedom Party after the first projections showed he had 30.2 per cent of the vote. 

And as the exit polls emerged, EU Parliament President Mr Tajani tweeted: “Congrats to Sebastian Kurz for coming first in Austria elections. We count on a strong pro-European government to work on our common future.” 

Twitter users quickly jumped on the fact OVP is tough on migration, easy on taxes and widely Eurosceptic after rebranding itself over the last few months to propel its popularity in the wealthy Alpine nation

Janice Atkinson, Vice-President of Europe of Nations and Freedom, hit back: “Really? Anti immigrant, pro nation state EPP? Oh, wait a minute, you've got Orban too.  How's that EU solidarity coming along.” 

Another said: “You haven't been following the election too well, have you?”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/866799/Austrian-election-results-Antonio-Tajani-eu-latest-news-Sebastian-Kurz

“The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
    "If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer

Austria election RESULTS: Eurosceptic Sebastian Kurz declares VICTORY in nightmare for EU

SEBASTIAN Kurz has declared victory in the Austrian elections following the latest vote projections, which could see him form an alliance with the far-right in a crushing blow for the European Union (EU).

The People’s Party (OVP) got 31.6 per cent of the vote, according to exit polls from pollster SORA.  

Mr Kurz's party is tough on migration, easy on taxes and widely Eurosceptic after rebranding itself over the last few months to propel its popularity in the wealthy Alpine nation.

The 31-year-old is expected to form a coalition with the right-wing populist Freedom Party (FPO), founded by a former SS officer, who got 26.9 per cent of the vote, according to the latest projections. 

Speaking after 85 per cent of the votes were counted, Mr Kurz told his cheering supporters: "Today we have won a huge mandate to change this country, and I promise you I will work with all my energy for change.

"We want to establish a new culture in politics. And we want to change the country for the better.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/866746/Austria-election-2017-results-poll-Sebastian-Kurz-OVP-Austria-live-updates

• I've observed that even though older means experience, it doesn't always mean wisdom.  I've also observed that youth may lack experience but it doesn't necessarily mean stupid.  Time will tell if the voters of Austria made the right choice.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

Next Likely Chancellor Of Austria Called ‘Baby Hitler’

A German satirical magazine is under investigation after tweeting an image of Sebastian Kurz, an Austrian politician, with crosshairs over his heart next to the words, “Finally possible: Kill baby Hitler,” Politico.eu reported. The tweet was sent out by the magazine Titanic a day after Kurz’s party, the People’s Party, one the most vote in Austria’s parliamentary election. Kurz is likely to be the next chancellor of Austria.

The election has put many observers on edge because analysts say it is likely that Kurz will form a governing coalition with the far-right Freedom Party, which garnered nearly a quarter of the votes in Sunday’s election.

“We would like to acknowledge that in the case of this joke, there was a problematic crossing of boundaries — namely to Austria, where they are obviously not so nonchalant about their own Nazi past as we good, reformed Germans are,” Tim Wolff, Titanic’s editor, told a German-language newspaper.

http://forward.com/fast-forward/385354/next-likely-chancellor-of-austria-called-baby-hitler/

• tazweiss said:
    I've observed that even though older means experience, it doesn't always mean wisdom. 
    "Age is not equal to wisdom" is an extremely important piece of wisdom.

From my experience this is can be one of the biggest hurtles from furthering everyday debates into constructive discussions.

I'm a very young man who likes to talk to anyone who'll talk to me about religion, politics, current events, etc.(and I have since I was very young). Most people who I get to chat with are a fair amount older than me, even though I do get it from people who are only a few years older as well.
    11-13 Illinois

‘EU wants to completely ELIMINATE sovereignty' Austria rips into Juncker's superstate PLOT

AUSTRIA could soon veer away from the European Union amid fears Jean-Claude Juncker and his cronies could “completely eliminate” national sovereignty in the quest for a massive superstate.

Sebastian Kurz declared victory in the Austrian elections on Sunday, in a win which could see him form an alliance with the far-right in a crushing blow for Brussels.

The anti-immigration Freedom Party (FPO) came second in the vote after receiving 26.9 per cent and its role as kingmaker has put a “serious strain” on the EU amid fears the election has “unsettled” Austria’s role in the union.

And now a stinging editorial in an Austrian newspaper has further heightened fears the country could split, after suggesting the EU was descending into superstate “madness”.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/868133/Austria-Kurz-leave-European-Union-superstate-eliminate-sovereignty-Jean-Claude-Juncker

JUDAS KISS: Juncker welcomes Austria’s eurosceptic Kurz for tense EU summit

JEAN-CLAUDE JUNCKER has welcomed Austria's election winner eurosceptic Sebastian Kurz with a kiss on the first day of the EU Summit.

The EU Commission President warmly embraced Mr Kurz, the leader of the People's Party, after the 31-year-old declared victory in the Austrian elections on Sunday following exit poll results.

Mr Kurz's win could could see him form an alliance with the far-right in a crushing blow for the European Union (EU).

And now Jean-Claude Juncker will wait for Mr Kurz's coalition plans with bated breath as Europe's youngest chancellor looks set to form a partnership with the right-wing populist Freedom Party (FPO), founded by a former SS officer, who got 26.9 per cent of the vote, according to Sunday's projections. 

The alliance would be a nightmare for the EU who is desperately trying to maintain unity in the wake of Brexit and in the face of a wave of populism across the continent. 

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/868369/Juncker-Austrian-election-Sebastian-Kurz-EU-summit-live-updates

• I'd leave the EU just to keep him from kissing me.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

put him down man.. you don't know where he has been
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    hansel49 said:
    tazweiss said:
    I've observed that even though older means experience, it doesn't always mean wisdom. 
    "Age is not equal to wisdom" is an extremely important piece of wisdom.

From my experience this is can be one of the biggest hurtles from furthering everyday debates into constructive discussions.

I'm a very young man who likes to talk to anyone who'll talk to me about religion, politics, current events, etc.(and I have since I was very young). Most people who I get to chat with are a fair amount older than me, even though I do get it from people who are only a few years older as well.

Which is why it's always important to judge people as individuals. The idea of a "group" is an abstraction that should be obliterated from our minds. I imagine there are also a lot of elderly people who similarly get ignored simply because they're "old", which is unwise in my opinion.
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)

Austria election winner Sebastian Kurz to have coalition talks with far-right Freedom Party

Sebastian Kurz said his FPO counterpart Heinz-Christian Strache had shown "a will to bring about change in Austria together".

Austrian conservative leader Sebastian Kurz says he will try to form a government with the controversial right-wing Freedom Party (FPO) following his victory in last week's election.

After meeting all the other parties in parliament, Mr Kurz chose - in a widely predicted move - to open talks with a group that shared some of his key policies.

The conservatives and the far-right FPO campaigned for tougher immigration controls and quick deportations of failed asylum seekers.

Mr Kurz's party promised a crackdown on radical Islam but FPO leaders went even further, saying Islam "has no place" in Austria.

http://news.sky.com/story/austria-election-winner-sebastian-kurz-to-have-coalition-talks-with-far-right-freedom-party-11096422