Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

Woman with a massive 'f*** Trump' sticker on the back of her truck ARRESTED for 'being a fraudster

Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator
edited November 17 in Daily News
Texas police issued an appeal to track the owner of a white pickup with a huge decal on the back window which read: 'F*** Trump and f*** you for voting for him'Sheriff's Office wanted to issue the driver with a citation for disorderly conductBut it turns out owner Karen Fonseca was actually wanted on a warrant for fraud, and has now been arrested with bail set at $1,500Fonseca has refused to remove the sticker, which is constitutionally protected 

The owner of a pickup truck featuring a huge decal on its back window saying 'f*** Trump' has been arrested. 

Karen Fonseca was booked into Fort Bend county jail on Thursday after sheriffs discovered she had an outstanding warrant for fraud from August this year.

Sheriff Troy E Nehls had initially put out an appeal to find Fonseca with the idea of issuing her a citation for disorderly conduct over the offensive message. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5092617/Woman-f-Trump-sticker-truck-ARRESTED.html

"Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
“The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
"If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer

Comments

• I think the reason for finding her is completely unjust.

If an officer chooses to arrest you for speaking your mind to him and finds you have a warrant or something illegal on your person after, he's still violating law and the virtues our countries is supposed to be founded on that he should be protecting.
    11-13 Illinois
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    edited November 18
    That's how the machine closes its fist. It first creates a "rule" that everyone is convinced is reasonable, and then slowly uses that rule to crush any form of dissent by defining what the core concept means.

Stuff like this happens because people don't really believe in the American Constitution as much as they claim to.

And besides, the whole story is nonsense. She has a truck with a license plate on it. They could have found and arrested her at any time without a problem, but chose precisely the moment when there would be maximum media attention over something divisive. Is that an accident?

-------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    edited November 18
     In Japan they have a saying, " The nail that sticks up gets hammered" if I was a police officer, and Most are Trump supporters,  I would pull you over too  because I wouldn't like you.  If you go around looking for trouble, don't be surprised when you find it

I have several friends who are police officers. They are just normal people. If you treat them with respect like a normal person, they are much more likely to be nice to you. If you show them no respect and act like an ass, they probably aren't going to cut you a break. 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

And besides, the whole story is nonsense. She has a truck with a license plate on it. They could have found and arrested her at any time without a problem, but chose precisely the moment when there would be maximum media attention over something divisive. Is that an accident?

They likely ran the plate because they saw that sticker and thought, "f@ck this chick." Sure enough, she had a warrant which allowed them to arrest her. I think the media found the story and decided to make a big deal about it.  Not the other way around

if your car looks like a drug dealer car or draws attention to itself, cops are more likely to run your plates.see my comment above
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    edited November 18
    I suppose, if we like the idea of having thought police. I wonder if everyone would be laughing and rejoicing over this situation if the driver had the same sticker but with Hillary Clinton's name on it, and was searched and seized. 

Few probably care at this point, but this is a violation of the 4th Amendment. But as I said above, the constitution only matters if people actually defend it. If it's just a beating stick people occasionally pick up for self-serving reasons and then put down whenever there's an opportunity to persecute their opponent, the constitution doesn't really matter any more...

...with, of course, the obvious consequences.
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  •  In Japan they have a saying, " The nail that sticks up gets hammered" if I was a police officer, and Most are Trump supporters,  I would pull you over too  because I wouldn't like you.  If you go around looking for trouble, don't be surprised when you find it

I have several friends who are police officers. They are just normal people. If you treat them with respect like a normal person, they are much more likely to be nice to you. If you show them no respect and act like an ass, they probably aren't going to cut you a break. 
    If you decide to give someone a ticket because you don't like them isn't that abuse of power?

If it's okay to pull someone over because of an F Trump sticker, is it okay to pull them over because I see they have a cringe worthy support Hillary sticker?

To add to those, if I see you breaking the law and I let you slide on it because you're my buddy even though it's my job to enforce such, isn't that nepotism?

It's just like as @Matt_ADMIN_ said, if it was an F Hillary sticker in the article, all the folks on the right side of the line who typically claim the title of "Constitutionalists" would be screaming their heads off saying to enforce the law of the land, but since it's in their favor, there's no need to protest it.
    11-13 Illinois
  • hansel49 said:
    It's just like as @Matt_ADMIN_ said, if it was an F Hillary sticker in the article, all the folks on the right side of the line who typically claim the title of "Constitutionalists" would be screaming their heads off saying to enforce the law of the land, but since it's in their favor, there's no need to protest it.
    C'mon.  If it was an anti-Hillary sticker, who believes that the left wouldn't be screaming.  The only difference is that the media would paint it as okay for the left to scream. 

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

• The difference here is those who claim to believe in God-given/natural rights in humans are giving approval to abolish the ideas they preech.

It's like several right-leaning people who I've talked to say the consitution is only for Americans and foreigners who come to our land have no rights granted by the constitution.

In that case it isn't a right, it's a privilege granted to us by our government, and privileges can be taken away.

A right is something you stand up for because you feel in your heart and mind that the alternative is a wrong.
    11-13 Illinois
    edited November 18
    "To conclude: you must all have the same attitude and the same feelings; love one another, and be kind and humble with one another. Do not pay back evil with evil or cursing with cursing; instead, pay back with a blessing, because a blessing is what God promised to give you when he called you." (1 Peter 3:8-9)

-------------------
    edited November 19
    hansel49 said:
     In Japan they have a saying, " The nail that sticks up gets hammered" if I was a police officer, and Most are Trump supporters,  I would pull you over too  because I wouldn't like you.  If you go around looking for trouble, don't be surprised when you find it

If you decide to give someone a ticket because you don't like them isn't that abuse of power?

If it's okay to pull someone over because of an F Trump sticker, is it okay to pull them over because I see they have a cringe worthy support Hillary sticker?

To add to those, if I see you breaking the law and I let you slide on it because you're my buddy even though it's my job to enforce such, isn't that nepotism?

While I agree with yourself and @Matt_ADMIN_We are all human; even police. You think too highly of people 

if you were a police officer and saw a car with a pot sticker that read "f#ck cops", would you Run their license plate or pull them over for a violation you may have let someone else get away with? If the answer is "no" there are 2 options: one, you're a better man than most. 2 you're lying 
  • hansel49hansel49 Member
    edited November 19
    While I agree with yourself and @Matt_ADMIN_ , We are all human; even police. You think too highly of people 

if you were a police officer and saw a car with a pot sticker that read "f#ck cops", would you Run their license plate or pull them over for a violation you may have let someone else get away with? If the answer is "no" there are 2 options: one, you're a better man than most. 2 you're lying 
    If you were a 5 year old who took a cookie you weren't supposed to and your parents asked you if you stole the cookie would you lie about it? Probably, most kids would.
    Does that make it acceptable or commendable to do so because it's the norm? No.

That 5 year old made a mistake like everyone else, then was punished. If you tell that 5 year it's okay and take no recourse, they're gonna keep nabbing your cookies though.

If you say it's okay to dismantle the rights of the Constitution and give no recourse, they're gonna keep nabbing your rights.
    11-13 Illinois
  • hansel49 said:
    If you say it's okay to dismantle the rights of the Constitution and give no recourse, they're gonna keep nabbing your rights.
    Referring to your earlier post, I gotta ask, are they rights or are they privileges?

• You're right, the way I phrased that is put in view as privileges.

We can argue forever about petty details, but the bottomline in this thread is you either believe in the ideology of the Consitution and that it was wrong search for this woman, or you don't believe in the Constitution.
    11-13 Illinois
  • Am trying to figure out whether it was the swear word or the Trump word that set the police on a quest for a reason to arrest the woman or alternatively whether the whole thing (the sticker theme) was created by the  woman for publicity. She might have said that was the reason the police had the warrant out when it was actually for the fraud charge in the first place.  Seems really odd that police would waste resources initiating a search for a sticker related issue.  She certainly got media mileage out of it

Of course here in Australia the chip in drivers' licences  and our digital registration  give the police insurance details, traffic infringements and so on. Therefore additional reasons to charge someone just throw themselves straight at the eye of the law without them doing any digging at all.

If someone's on a mobile phone and driving the police can tell within a certain distance without stopping the driver first.

An example:
    I was pulled over by a cop who after turning on his siren and shepherding me around a corner to park, told me he'd digitally examined my rego plate by wifi from his vehicle and said he had reason to believe I was driving an unregistered vehicle.  I gave him a "tada" look and  swished my hand toward at my sticker which still had 6 months on it.
    He was bemused, contacted base and said it seemed I was both registered and unregistered at the same time.  Turned out some fat fingered clerk 80 km away had deregistered my vehicle instead of someone else's. Ignored the whole thing thinking he was just having me on.  6 months later when the next rego was due having not received a replacement  in mail discovered had been driving round for months with no cover or insurance.  Police know a lot about drivers via technology today without stopping your car.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• hansel49 said:
    You're right, the way I phrased that is put in view as privileges.

We can argue forever about petty details, but the bottomline in this thread is you either believe in the ideology of the Consitution and that it was wrong search for this woman, or you don't believe in the Constitution.

Actually, when I asked that question about a right or a privilege, I was just being a sarcastic dick.  I understood what you were saying.  Being a Canadian, the US Constitution doesn't have much effect on me.  But, when I compare the US Constitution to the Canadian Constitution, I would rather live under yours.  It may not be perfect but it's a lot closer than what Justin's father gave us.

The US Constitution was written by men who understood the value of freedom.  Men who put a lot of thought and debate into the needs of the people.  Men who had stood on the front lines.  Our Constitution was written by men who valued the liberal, political way of thinking.  Men who carefully worded it so they could interpret it in the way they chose in the event of a challenge.

Well, the truth is that any document written by men with men's interests in mind will always be interpreted by those who enforce it, so... any constitution by any country, including America's, is essentially useless when it comes down to it, if I were to be honest in my observations. Something can't be violated when the enforcer defines what exactly a violation is. 

However, it's strange to me that all these countries that claim to be Christian, such as America and others in the West, and countries that claim to be "islamic", whatever they choose that to mean, never use their actual scriptures to form their laws. We'd have a really different world if countries actually based their internal and external activities on the Gospel or the Quran, or even on the teachings of Buddha. 

For instance, we probably wouldn't have people defrauding others while proudly displaying disparaging profanity, and we probably wouldn't have the sentinels of civilization abusing their authority out of emotion, revenge, and agenda. Technicalities can be argued into the end times, but if people remain spiritually ill, it doesn't matter what the supposed presiding legal document is. 
    -------------------