Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

This tech festival is implanting microchips instead of using tickets

by Camille Charluet — 17 days ago in distract

Human microchipping has always been a pursuit reserved for those crazy guinea pig types excited for the dystopian future everyone else is dreading. As it turns out, 2017 seems to be the year humans succumb to having rice sized chips implanted in their hands. And “What for?” you may ask. To get into a tech festival of course…

Pause Fest is a technology and culture festival held in Melbourne, Australia. As part of the launch for next years festival, 10 (deranged) VIP ticket holders volunteered to have Near Field Communication (NFC) chips implanted into their hands.

While commercially available microchips are still in early stages and can only store a limited amount of information, that didn’t stop the human experiment. Similar to the feeling of getting a piercing or having a drip inserted, volunteers willingly had NFC chips implanted between their thumbs and forefingers.

read more

Let's hope the guy doing the injecting has medical credentials.  

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

Comments

• from above link:
    She now has two chips implanted in her hand; one to access her home and the other for her office.

1) How many chips are we going to need to manage our day?
    2) Does the software company creating the chips likewise have access to your home and office by proxy?

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    edited November 2017
    If at any point this allows me to identify as a chocolate chip cookie, I might have to jump teams
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • Under the skin: how insertable microchips could unlock the future

Volunteers in Melbourne have had microchips inserted for three months, designed to unlock doors and carry out other tasks. Will they really be any use?

Jowan Osterlund from Biohax Sweden holds a small microchip implant, similar to those implanted into volunteers at the Australian Centre for the Moving Image. Photograph: James Brooks/AP
    Calla Wahlquist

Calla Wahlquist

Wednesday 1 November 2017 10.00 AEDT Last modified on Wednesday 1 November 2017 12.05 AEDT

The microchip is about the size of a grain of rice and usually inserted in the webbing between the thumb and forefinger using a needle the same thickness as used in body piercing.

It feels, says insertable technology expert Kayla Heffernan, like getting a drip.

Once the needle is removed the incision heals in a few days and the microchip remains, allowing the wearer to open doors with the brush of a hand – provided they only wish to access one particular place.

Microchips are encased in an inert glass capsule and typically inserted between the thumb and the forefinger. Photograph: Kayla Heffernan/Pause Fest

Commercially available insertable microchips are only large enough to hold one access code and a small amount of other information, so the days of replacing an entire wallet and keychain with a tiny computer under the skin are not yet upon us.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/01/under-the-skin-how-insertable-microchips-could-unlock-the-future

• By Jim Edwards MoneyWatch April 13, 2010, 3:38 PM

Your Medical Records: Soon to be Held for Ransom by a Chip-Implant Maker

Last Updated Apr 13, 2010 3:38 PM EDT
    PositiveID (PSID), the microchip implant company formerly known as VeriChip, has added a new wrinkle to its business model that is bound to be controversial: Its Health Link electronic medical record service* is being sold "on a paid subscription basis" in a pilot scheme targeted at ship, dock and maritime workers. Health Link provides access to a patient's online medical records. It can be used with an implanted microchip and linked to Microsoft (MSFT)'s HealthVault and Google (GOOG) Health.

The company's press release is slim on details, but it suggests that either ship workers' employers or the employees themselves will be charged a monthly fee to keep the service activated. In effect, PositiveID will hold workers' online health records to ransom: One assumes that if the monthly fee is not paid, access will not be granted. (Why else would anyone feel obligated to pay?) The company said:

Upon successful completion and review of the pilot program, PositiveID will offer its Health Link PHR to millions of seafarers and port workers per year, on a paid subscription basis.
    Shipworkers are being targeted because they frequently travel far from their regular doctors:
    When sailors become ill, they will visit a doctor at their next port of call. The doctor, typically, does not have access to the sailors' [pre-employment medical examinations], nor does the doctor know the patient's medical history, and will therefore conduct a thorough, costly examination prior to prescribing treatment. This expensive and burdensome repetition of medical procedures can be eliminated by using Health Link, which stores the sailors initial PEME and subsequent medical procedures.

* This item has been corrected to make it clear that PositiveID denies its Health Link service includes microchipping employees. While the two products were once offered together, the company no longer markets them that way, PositiveID says. Related:

read more:
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/your-medical-records-soon-to-be-held-for-ransom-by-a-chip-implant-maker/

• Re the above information, I was unable to find any items on net regarding chips and healthcare since about 2010 from any company.

• Implant technology: I’ve got you, and lots of data, under my skin

Amal Graafstra a retailer of biohacking products places implants between the thumb and forefinger
    Amal Graafstra, a retailer of biohacking products, places implants between the thumb and forefinger.

• The Australian
    • 12:00AM August 30, 2016
    • Technology reporterSydney

I’m convinced that as implanted memory technology matures there will be no shortage of humans becoming cyborgs. Last week I met a group who already have augmented their human capabilities with implants injected under the skin. And they’re willing to go further.

At last week’s inaugural conference addressing the “DIY Cyborg Movement in Australia”, they enthusiastically offered me their contact details by waving their hands under the NFC receptor on my phone. One wave brought up the Pokemon Go app, obviously a cyborg party joke.

If given the opportunity, the same people would wave their hands over payment terminals at supermarkets, use their hands to tap on and off at train stations, or to enter their workplace. No fobs, plastic access cards, credit cards or remote controls needed.

read more
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/technology/implant-technology-ive-got-you-and-lots-of-data-under-my-skin/news-story/ed400a21fa9250d326f74d037dd2e83b