Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

'The bias' is 'so obvious': Donald Trump Jr lashes out @ NBC after Oprah Winfrey for president tweet

Donald Trump Jr. hit out at NBC on Monday over a tweet the network published during the Golden GlobesSunday night, a tweet was published from the NBC account reading 'Nothing but respect for OUR future president' - referring to Oprah 'In case anyone had any doubts about where the media stands this should take care of it,' Trump Jr. wroteNBC later took down the tweet, and said in a statement that it had been written by a third party They said the tweet was a reference to a joke host Seth Meyers made in the monologue 

Donald Trump Jr. lashed out at NBC Monday morning, after the network posted a tweet Sunday night seeming to endorse Oprah Winfrey for president. 

The tweet said 'Nothing but respect for OUR future president,' and included a short video of Oprah at the awards Sunday night, which was broadcast by NBC. 

It was published just after she made a rousing speech as she accepted a lifetime achievement award at the ceremony. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5247417/Donald-Trump-Jr-lashes-NBC.html

"Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
“The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
"If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer

Comments

• Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator

NBC blames 'third party agency' for tweet endorsing Oprah for president and says it was NOT a political statement

• NBC tweeted Sunday seeming to endorse an Oprah presidential run in 2020  
    • Monday morning the network clarified that the tweet was sent by a third party
    • Said it was sent by an agency and was not 'meant to be a political statement'
    • Tweet was removed, it came after Oprah's inspirational Golden Globes speech 
    • Donald Trump Jr tweeted that it showed the clear media bias against his father
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5247465/NBC-blames-party-tweet-endorsing-Oprah-2020.html

NBC staying very quiet on her circle of friends
    “The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
    "If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer
  • mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    If I had to vote between Oprah and Charles Manson for 2020, 

#MANSON2020 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • If I had to vote between Oprah and Charles Manson for 2020, 

#MANSON2020 
    That would be an interesting presidential race, considering he died two months ago!
  • GrumpyGuyGrumpyGuy Member
    edited January 8
    I'm against celebrities being president.  Oprah might be extremely popular, but is she qualified to run and represent a country?

As tempting as it is to make the most popular and beloved people the leaders, that's pretty dangerous.  It grants them, as leader, a special kind of immunity to the types of criticisms that leaders should be receiving.  It also turns them into symbols of worship, and which person alive can receive the adoration and worship of the masses without becoming completely, dangerously insane as a result?
    How Oprah deals with racial division 

FLASHBACK: Oprah Said ‘Generations’ Of Old People ‘Just Have To Die’ To End Racism

'Funny I've never heard you mention my name': Bill Clinton rape accuser Juanita Broaddrick slams Oprah for addressing #MeToo movement in Golden Globes speech

Juanita Broaddrick, who has alleged that former President Bill Clinton raped her during his 1978 campaign for Arkansas governor, slammed Oprah Winfrey for addressing the #Me Too movement during her speech at the Golden Globes on Sunday. The tweet was particularly poignant as Winfrey's speech decried sexual misconduct and abuse by men in powerful positions as she accepted the Cecil B DeMille Award. Broaddrick, 75, tweeted on Monday morning: 'Hey @Oprah #GoldenGlobes. Funny I've never heard you mention my name. CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?Guess not. My rapist was/is your friend, Bill Clinton.' In 1999, after years of staying silent, Broaddrick, the woman known in government documents only as 'Jane Doe No 5' decided to come forward about her allegation that Clinton sexually assaulted her in a hotel room in April 1978. The Clinton legal team has denied Broaddrick's allegations, labeling them as 'false and outrageous'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5252487/Juanita-Broaddrick-slams-Oprah-Golden-Globes-speech.html

Oprah for president in 2020: Time to rename the White House the Celebrity House

Oprah Winfrey is contemplating running for president in 2020 on the back of her speech at the Golden Globes. With this news, the trivialization of politics in the land of the free is complete.

It proves that the US is now a country in which reality has been rejected, and the appearance of reality embraced. Rather than democracy, the appearance of democracy predominates; instead of freedom, its people enjoy the appearance of freedom; rather than justice, the appearance of justice; while instead of concrete solidarity with victims of injustice, lip service is the norm.

I’m sorry, but a group of obscenely rich people agreeing to dress in black (designer black, that is) at a Hollywood awards ceremony in protest at a culture of sexual abuse and exploitation cannot be taken seriously within an industry that is the very embodiment of abuse and exploitation. Neither can the prospect be taken seriously of one billionaire (Oprah Winfrey) challenging another (Donald Trump) for the White House in 2020 and, with it, the keys to the kingdom of despair that is America.

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/415477-oprah-winfrey-president-celebrity-trump/

I thought kanye west was running for president in 2020?
  • hansel49hansel49 Member
    edited January 10
    Boondocks
    11-13 Illinois
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    hansel49 said:
    Boondocks
    You never fail to intrigue, Hans. You're an asset here. 
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    I thought kanye west was running for president in 2020?
    She'll need a VP.
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)

'You’ve been part of the problem for decades': Seal slams Oprah for 'ignoring rumors' about Harvey Weinstein and says she's an example of 'sanctimonious Hollywood' after her Globes speech

The singer Seal lashed out at Oprah Winfrey following her inspirational Globes speech which focused on the plight of sex abuse victimsSeal accused the media maven of knowing about the rumors against Harvey Weinstein and ignoring them in an Instagram postIn the post he shared two images of Oprah with Weinstein and called her 'part of the problem' before closing with a hash-tag that read 'sanctimonious Hollywood'

Seal has lashed out at Oprah Winfrey following her inspirational Golden Globes speech, claiming she knew about the rumors surrounding Harvey Weinstein but did nothing.

The talk show queen's widely-applauded speech on Sunday night focused on the plight of sexually abused women and the 'MeToo' movement.

But the the 'Kiss From A Rose' singer accused the media maven of being an example of 'sanctimonious Hollywood'.

He took to Instagram Wednesday, sharing a shot of Oprah with the disgraced producer at two events with a meme that read: 'When you have been part of the problem for decades... but suddenly they all think you are the solution.' 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5256725/Seal-calls-Oprah-ignoring-rumors-Harvey-Weinstein.html

The 54-year-old singer took it one step further, captioning the meme that Oprah knew about the various sexual misconduct allegations against Weinstein, writing 'You'd heard the rumours but you had no idea he was actually serially assaulting young stary-eyed actresses who in turn had no idea what they were getting into. My bad.'

For an added point he hash-tagged the post with '#SanctimoniousHollywood.' 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5256725/Seal-calls-Oprah-ignoring-rumors-Harvey-Weinstein.html
    edited January 13

Seal Slammed for Oprah Post, Goes Off on ‘Double Standard Nature of Hollywood’

Seal is responding to backlash he received after publishing an Instagram post showing Oprah Winfrey in photos flanked by disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein.

The singer insisted in a new Facebook video (below) that the pictures of Winfrey, which were clearly taken before the Weinstein scandal broke last fall, were not aimed at her specifically, but rather shared to illustrate a larger issue in Hollywood.

“What I reposted was not an attack on Oprah at all,” Seal said in the Facebook video. “She just happened to be the one with the pig in the picture. No, what I reposted was commentary on the hypocritical and double standard nature and behavior of Hollywood.”

The caption Seal had added to his previous Instagram post read: “Oh I forgot, that’s right…..you’d heard the rumours but you had no idea he was actually serially assaulting young starry-eyed actresses who in turn had no idea what they were getting into. My bad. #SanctimoniousHollywood.”

In the new Facebook video, the singer called out Fox News, saying he didn’t appreciate their coverage of the meme he had reposted, and asked that they not use him as a pawn against Oprah in any of their political games. “And Stacey Dash, keep my name out of your mouth,” he added of the “Clueless” actress.

Seal also addressed users who attacked him over the post, citing one in particular who called him an “Uncle Tom” and others who said they were “disappointed to see a brother tearing a sister down.”

“Let me make something abundantly clear to you,” he said. “I am English born. But don’t get that ‘Baby! Kiss from a Rose’ stuff twisted. See these scars on my face? My parents are from Africa. More specifically, Nigeria. And I am about as Black as you will ever get.”

Seal expressed anger over the fact that since the #MeToo movement began, “not one of the women who have been sexually abused, not one of the women who have come forward, has received any real justice whatsoever.”

“Losing your job because you either a) raped b) sexually abused or even sexually harassed a woman is not real punishment,” Seal said. “You steal from the post office, you go to jail. And #RealTalk for a second. We all know what would happen to any one of those power abusers if they looked like me.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/seal-responds-oprah-slam-goes-off-double-standard-192358025.html

• The singer insisted in a new Facebook video (below) that the pictures of Winfrey, which were clearly taken before the Weinstein scandal broke last fall, were not aimed at her specifically, but rather shared to illustrate a larger issue in Hollywood.

isn't it a coincidence that a hurricane bore Harvey Weinstein's name recently!

Hurricane Harvey
    2017 tropical cyclone
    Hurricane Harvey was the costliest tropical cyclone on record, inflicting approximately $125 billion in damage, primarily from widespread flooding in the Houston metropolitan area. Wikipedia

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."