Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

Repeal the 2nd Amendment? | The Ben Shapiro Show Ep. 477

mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Comments

• Per the Constitution the 2nd Amendment, nor any of the other amendments in the Bill of Rights, can be repealed unless the entire Constitution is repealed, the Government it is founded on disbanded and an entirely new Government formed around an entirely new document. Anyone want to take bets on what the odds are of EVER making that happen?
  • mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    Lomax6996 said:
    Per the Constitution the 2nd Amendment, nor any of the other amendments in the Bill of Rights, can be repealed unless the entire Constitution is repealed, the Government it is founded on disbanded and an entirely new Government formed around an entirely new document. Anyone want to take bets on what the odds are of EVER making that happen?
    Aside from a civil war over it (which is exactly what it would take to try to do that), I'm going to go with 0 Chance of it happening 

Ben, in this video, would also agree with you 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    Well, that's not the case - all the states have to do is hold a constitutional convention. An amendment has been amended before (prohibition), so it could be done with any of the others.

(If anyone is left alive, that is.)

-------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    edited February 16
    Also, other parts of the Constitution are flagrantly ignored, so I kind of wonder if the document even has any weight anymore, and if something hasn't supplanted it
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    Well, that's not the case - all the states have to do is hold a constitutional convention. An amendment has been amended before (prohibition), so it could be done with any of the others.

Thats true, but what I was referring to is the idea in america that no one will ever take our guns. No matter what law passes, many gun owners would rather go down shooting than hand over their guns. It's just something in the american ideal we innately believe 

Thats true, but what I was referring to is the idea in america that no one will ever take our guns. No matter what law passes, many gun owners would rather go down shooting than hand over their guns. It's just something in the american ideal we innately believe 
    Sure, I was mainly responding to Lomax

Do you think there would ever be a situation like in Australia where people voluntarily hand them over, perhaps in exchange for some sort of buy-back?
    -------------------
  • GrumpyGuyGrumpyGuy Member
    edited February 18
    An argument I often hear for why it's important for Americans to hold on to their guns is to prevent the government/ruling class etc. from getting too much power over them.

From my point of view, however, it looks like the opportunities to prevent such power gain have long-since passed.  Gun owners have sat on their armories content in their ability to resist oppression while having steadily become more and more oppressed.  Having a hundred guns is as valuable as having zero if you're never going to fire any of them.

With each passing year the police gain larger arsenals of advanced military-grade equipment.  People become less-inclined to work together and more-inclined to look out for their own interests (within the limits of their laziness).  People are quicker to twist laws and religious teachings to suit their own personal interests at the expense of everyone else. 

Granted, young people seem to be more interested in cooperation than their elders, but they're also mostly against violence and gun ownership.  As they age and realize they can't accomplish anything I think they'll become disheartened and then split off into individualism.

We keep waiting for "the people" to rise up, but I'm not convinced that could possibly happen anymore.  For the people to realize how much power they could have they'd have to all work together.  The people aren't going to work together until they realize how much power they'd have.

It seems pretty obvious that the special interest groups running everything are aware of this paradox, and they've become masters at keeping everyone divided, complacent and in possession of limited resources.

The "system" is going to have to collapse from within, I think, if it's ever going to change.  The rich and powerful will have to turn on each other.  I really don't think the common people have what it takes anymore.  I see no evidence that they do.  Lone rebels going on rampages defeat no enemies but themselves.