Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

Hero German Shepherd Survives Multiple Gun Shots While Protecting 16 Y.O Owner

mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
edited February 26 in Breaktime

On Wednesday, 16-year-old Javier Mercado of Des Moines, Washington, was the victim of a break in.

According to KING5, around midday, Mercado heard something unusual, so he looked outside and “saw a car he did not recognize.” When Mercado’s sliding glass door was loudly shattered, his dog, 2-year-old German Shepherd Rex, bounded down the stairs to investigate.

[He] just started barking and barking. I heard one guy scream, "the dog bit me, get the dog.”

Mercado, who had called 911 and was hiding in a closet, then heard one man come upstairs. The man shot Rex multiple times after the dog had apparently followed him.

I heard one gunshot and several after that, and my dog just cried after every shot that hit him.

Hearing sirens, the perpetrators fled the scene, says Mercado.

After police arrived on the scene, Rex, who had sustained gunshot wounds to the neck and legs, was taken to an animal hospital. He was alive, but would need surgery to survive.

KING5 quotes Mercado, “I was worried, my parents were worried. My dad said he was going to start working every Saturday, saving up.”

Fortunately, Javier’s cousin set up a GoFundMe page for Rex. Describing the incident, Susy Cadena wrote in part:

Rex stormed back to the upstairs floor all beat up and bloody from the beating to check on his master who was still hiding in the closet. Soon, the burglars proceeded to the upstairs floor and trashed all the bedrooms. As they entered the room where my nephew was hiding in the closet, Rex came out with the little strength he had left in him and threw himself at them as he knew my nephew was in danger. Sadly, they shot Rex [three] times and finally Rex, the héroe dog, gave up in his battle. It was the sirens who scared them away.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/27550/german-shepherd-survives-getting-shot-while-frank-camp

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Comments

• mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    Good dog 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • Dogs give unconditional love and absolute loyalty.

"How do you tell a communist?  Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin.  And how do you tell an anti-communist?  It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."

*Ronald Reagan*

tazweiss said:
    Dogs give unconditional love and absolute loyalty.
    Never trust a man that doesn't like dogs 
  • tazweiss said:

And never trust a man that dogs don't like.

"How do you tell a communist?  Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin.  And how do you tell an anti-communist?  It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."

*Ronald Reagan*

tazweiss said:
    tazweiss said:

and cats...cats suck 
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    #MakeAmericaCanineAgain
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    #MakeAmericaCanineAgain
    All dogs go to heaven  ;)
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    #MakeAmericaCanineAgain
    All dogs go to heaven  ;)
    I saw that movie when it came out in theatres  :dog:
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • tazweiss said:
    tazweiss said:

My buddy has the friendliest dog, Jovi, I've ever seen. He will literally hug you and is super protective of everyone.

One day his roommate and I came in with a few of the roommate's friends. He acted typically loving to everyone else, but when this one guy tried to pet him he winced away and started whining.After the guy kept trying to pet him, Jovi started to hide behind me and one of the other roommates.

Jovi lives in a house with 3 highly sociable people and is typically meeting several new people a week, probably has met over 500 people, my friend says he never acted that way towards anyone else though.

I've really wondered a lot about what he may have perceived in that man to become so terrified in an instant.
    11-13 Illinois
  • hansel49 said:

I've really wondered a lot about what he may have perceived in that man to become so terrified in an instant.
    Reptilian?

*Ronald Reagan*

edited February 27
    tazweiss said:
    hansel49 said:

Reptilian?
    I've never really bought into the reptilian thing (aside from possible demonic possession), but there was this one woman I used to work with years ago. She was very nice but noticeably depressed and had a lot of pain inside. She actually reminded me of me since she would say whatever comes to mind and was always seeking attention. I had actually heard rumors that she was a former "dancer". She was also very attractive for her age. 

Anyway, one day I was speaking with her (she had been crying the last couple days and I didn't know why but was trying to be a nice guy to her) and I tell you the truth, her eyes did the reptilian thing. We were standing face to face about normal "friend distance" apart. While she was talking, I watched her eyes go from rounded pupils to straight-up diamond skinny slits. I could not hide the shock in my face the instant it happened. She was speaking and mid-sentence stopped to ask me what was wrong. I told her nothing, but didn't have a very good poker face.

That was the only time I ever saw it as she left the company a few months after that incident. I was never able to look at her the same, but have often wondered what has become of her. 
  • An experience like that would make me want to head to the nearest pub to drop a few shots of whiskey.

*Ronald Reagan*