Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

Student Booted From Christianity Class For Telling Professor There Are Only Two Genders

mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator

In the current year, it's apparently permissible to ban a student from a class on Christianity for expressing inconvenient truths to a feminist professor.

Lake Ingle, a religious studies major at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, was kicked out of Professor Alison Downie's Christianity class on February 28 for telling her that "biologists don't agree that there's more than two genders" and that the supposedly sexism-caused 23-cent "gender wage gap" is a myth.

According to a report from Fox News, Ingle was "silenced and punished" by Professor Downie after the senior pushed back on arguments made in a 15-min TED Talk she showed to the class. The TED Talk speaker was a transgender ex-pastor named Paula Stone Williams who discussed "the 'reality' of 'mansplaining,' 'sexism from men,' and 'male privilege.'"

Downie first asked only the women in the class to share their thoughts on the subject matter. When no women spoke up, Ingle says he challenged the notion that there are more than two genders and explained that even The New York Times has debunked the myth stating the "gender wage gap" is caused by sexism.

This did not sit well with the feminist professor. She booted Ingle from her class for his WrongThink and "referred him to the public university’s Academic Integrity Board (AIB)," reports Fox.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/28155/student-booted-christianity-class-telling-amanda-prestigiacomo

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Comments

• mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    Perhaps that professor of Christianity missed the first book of the bible where it clearly says: 

Genesis 5:2 
    He created them male and female, and blessed them and called them Mankind in the day they were created.
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    Comment from article:

A trans-gender pastor explaining the "'reality' of 'mansplaining', sexism from men, and white male privilege" in a Religious Studies course discussing Christianity?
    Wow. Dude, just get a refund. You got scammed

• It seems like a deserved scam considering he decided to pay a bunch of money to let other people tell him their interpretations of religions.  It could be argued that such a course would allow him to grow his own understanding, but such courses are notorious for punishing students who don't parrot back the opinions of the professors.  Case in point - he was kicked out for contradicting the teacher.

I have no idea what beneficial role the student expected to perform in society with a degree in "religious studies," but perhaps it isn't too late for them to do something useful instead. 
  • GrumpyGuyGrumpyGuy Member
    edited March 13
    Wrote "deserved scam" but meant to write "deserved outcome."  The scam is the university course.
    GrumpyGuy said:
    Wrote "deserved scam" but meant to write "deserved outcome."  The scam is the university course.
    Classic freudian slip 
  • My entire brain is a mess of those, along with other errors and accidents.
    edited March 14
    GrumpyGuy said:
    My entire brain is a mess of those, along with other errors and accidents.
    My brain is kinda like 90's dial-up....it also makes a similar sound when I attempt to think which is actually audible to those around me. This is why I prefer to not think and just say the first thing that comes to mind  - Fun Fact. 
  • That makes me wonder - how would societies and life differ if the effort of thinking were clearly audible to others?
    edited March 14
    GrumpyGuy said:
    That makes me wonder - how would societies and life differ if the effort of thinking were clearly audible to others?
    I don't think society could exist. Really, I mean that

To illustrate, let me give one simple example:

*Pretty girl enters room of guys* 
    edited March 14

GrumpyGuy said:
    That makes me wonder - how would societies and life differ if the effort of thinking were clearly audible to others?
    I don't think society could exist. Really, I mean that

To illustrate, let me give one simple example:

I re-read what you wrote. I thought you meant if people could actually hear what our thoughts are...that would be horrible lol

If it was just audible noises, I think we would not even notice it. It would be white noise. For example: Your eyes always see your nose....your brain just chooses to ignore it
  • Perhaps white noise, yes.  Although I think people wouldn't be able to get away with not paying attention to things.
    GrumpyGuy said:
    Perhaps white noise, yes.  Although I think people wouldn't be able to get away with not paying attention to things.
    Yes, but even if you're not paying attention you may be thinking about something stupid or completely unrelated....thus still making the noise and giving off the appearance of attention to the subject at hand 
  • Rosie_MOD_Rosie_MOD_ Moderator
    Comment from article:

A trans-gender pastor explaining the "'reality' of 'mansplaining', sexism from men, and white male privilege" in a Religious Studies course discussing Christianity?

Possibly why
    GrumpyGuy said:
    Classic freudian slip 
    From hence forth students attendance at Uni shall be referred to as studying "On Scampus"

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

Comment from article:

Possibly why
    GrumpyGuy said:
    From hence forth students attendance at Uni shall be referred to as studying "On Scampus"
    *high five*
  • mrpops09_CMOD_ said:
    The noise level would go up like a rock concert.

"How do you tell a communist?  Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin.  And how do you tell an anti-communist?  It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."

*Ronald Reagan*