Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

Is Facebook Listening through Your Smartphone Microphone? Whistleblower Says Yes

Is Facebook Listening through Your Smartphone Microphone? Whistleblower Says Yes

Global Research, March 29, 2018

A couple of years ago I had a pair of sunglasses stolen from my car when I forgot to take them with me when the car was being serviced. I complained to the garage and indignantly reported this important event to my wife. Spookily, the following day I started receiving ads in my Facebook feed for where I could buy exactly the same pair of sunglasses. I thought my natural gift of cynicism had turned into paranoia. As Joseph Heller said in Catch 22 – “Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t after you.” In Facebook’s case – it turns out they are!

From Canada’s National Post, (Screenshot below) comes the report that one of their own citizens is testifying that exactly my sunglasses experience was indeed not paranoia but a matter of fact – Facebook did indeed have the capacity to listen in to my private conversations.

The report starts off with “Facebook could be listening to its user’s conversations through smartphone microphones, Cambridge Analytica whistleblower Christopher Wylie says. He appeared in front of a committee of British parliamentarians on Tuesday, and in his nearly four hours of testimony, he used words like “fraud” and “cheat” to describe the use of Facebook data to affect the outcomes of Brexit. He also addressed the longstanding internet theory that Facebook spies on its users to shape their advertising.”

https://www.globalresearch.ca/is-facebook-listening-through-your-smartphone-microphone-whistleblower-says-yes/5634008

Facebook must be flatstrap listening to so many conversations globally.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

Comments

• Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator

Cambridge Analytica data leak rises to 87m users, Facebook admits

Facebook has said more users may have been affected by a data leak than previously thought, bringing the total to 87 million.

The previous estimate was just over 50m users affected by Cambridge Analytica sharing unauthorised data.

https://news.sky.com/story/cambridge-analytica-data-leak-rises-to-87m-users-facebook-admits-11316992

"Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
    “The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
    "If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer
  • Rosie_MOD_Rosie_MOD_ Moderator
    Love their term "data leak" -  makes it sound both "small" and "accidental".

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator

Mark Zuckerberg admits Facebook scans the contents of ALL your private Messenger texts in the latest blow to the scandal hit firm

• Facebook checks messages to ensure they are in line with community standards
    • Zuckerberg confirmed the policy of scanning texts during a podcast interview 
    • It sparked further privacy concerns in the wake of Cambridge Analytica scandal 
    • The consulting firm bought data from 50 million unsuspecting Facebook users 

Facebook scans the contents of messages that people send each other on its Messenger app blocking any that contravene its guidelines, it has emerged.

The scandal-hit firm, still reeling from revelations surrounding Cambridge Analytica, checks images and texts to ensure they are in line with its community standards. 

While the intentions behind the practice may be well-meaning, the news is likely to add to users' concerns over what the social network knows about them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5578619/Facebook-scans-contents-private-Messenger-texts.html
    "Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
    “The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
    "If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer