WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

WORLDWIDE 6+ MAGNITUDE EARTHQUAKE SUMMARY

Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator
edited October 19 in 6+ Quakes

This is a live summarization of worldwide quakes measuring 6+ in magnitude and their related events. 

Check back here often for timely and accurate earthquake reporting information.

Click to the last page for the most current quake information.

This thread is closed to non-staff updates and commentary. 

"Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
“The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
"If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer

Comments

• Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator
    Off the Coast of Oregon

Magnitude 8+
    “The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
    "If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer
  • The last prediction did not pan out, so I am going to shift the location a bit!  Fiji 6.6-7.0!
  • mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    cali 8+
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    California, 7.0-7.5.

-------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    California, 7.0-7.5.

what a dick ^  :P
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    Only one magnitude shall emerge victorious.
    **==
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    Only one magnitude shall emerge victorious.
    **==
    a 6.8 just happened right off the coast of cali today lol 
    edited October 2013
    Magnitude 6.8 - GULF OF CALIFORNIA - 2013-10-19
  • 7-7.5 Wyoming area
  • Off Coast of Honshu Japan,  6.6 - 7
    (but in truth  I hope not!)

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• off the coast of Hawaii 6 - 6.5
    Magnitude 6.7 - EAST OF SOUTH SANDWICH ISLANDS - 2013-10-24
    Magnitude 6.0 - SOUTH OF FIJI ISLANDS - 2013-10-24

• Magnitude 6.7 - EAST OF SOUTH SANDWICH ISLANDS - 2013-10-24
    Magnitude 6.0 - SOUTH OF FIJI ISLANDS - 2013-10-24

Foiled again! Curse my overestimations! 
    ;)
    *touches ear piece*

"He's getting too close. Should we take him out or wait?"
    -------------------
  • This thread has three sniper teams, RUN!
    edited October 2013
  • Rosie - I can't believe it!!! A 7.5 off the east coast of Honshu, Japan - Grrrrr... You totally predicted that but with a little too less Mags.  Dang it!!!!!  Maybe they will down grade it - they do that sometimes.  Lets keep an eye on that one~ shall we???
    Magnitude Mw 7.1
    Region OFF EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
    Date time 2013-10-25 17:10:17.0 UTC
    Location 37.22 N ; 144.66 E
    Depth 10 km
    Distances 477 km E of Tokyo, Japan / pop: 8,336,599 / local time: 02:10:17.0 2013-10-26
    354 km E of Sendai-shi, Japan / pop: 1,037,562 / local time: 02:10:17.0 2013-10-26
    324 km SE of Ishinomaki, Japan / pop: 117,233 / local time: 02:10:17.0 2013-10-26
    USGS Downgraded from 7.5 to a 7.3 Mag
  • I am praying for the people of Japan, between the storms and earthquakes, the nuclear reactor. My heart hurts with all the hardships they are having. 

• Rosie_MOD_Rosie_MOD_ Moderator
    edited October 2013

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• Hello TruthJunky,  I thought of that.  I didn't predict an over 7 because it might have been like wishing it.  I'd rather not predict an EQ or  win a comp if said EQ involves major damage or loss of life. There have been a couple of smaller ones but not in the measurement I predicted.  Nothing on TV news to date (except Aust. online news) in Australia that I know of.  Seems really odd that they've  had 3 typhoons in a week plus an EQ.
    Interestingly the EQ from the co-ordinates I saw  on USGS
    2013-10-26 03:10:16 UTC+10:00      37.170°N 144.665°E
    seem similar to the ones near where Francisco and Lekima would be quite close together.
    both would have been (from my reckoning) both crossing over near  145 x 35 (up and or down a little) at a map marked 3am 26/10/13 and at 2.10 am (not sure how this correlates to UTC+10. What's the odds?

edited October 2013
    Since then found this: (the varying dates 25th and 26th are due to time zones material was collected from)

From Dutchsinse

lekima francisco typhoon earthquake conjunction oct 25 2013

10/25/2013 — 7.2M earthquake directly underneath Typhoon Lekima + Tropical Storm Francisco 

http://sincedutch.wordpress.com/2013/10/25/10252013-7-2m-earthquake-directly-underneath-typhoon-lekima-tropical-storm-francisco/

Please check the link to watch the several videos in connection with this.

• The perfect storm PLUS an Earthquake?! - What are the odds indeed Rosie! I am so glad you have your finger on the pulse of this and sharing cause I am both fascinated and horrified all at once.  Please keep posting news cause honestly, I don't watch much news but really I haven't heard about this much~ has anyone else? Is the main stream media talking about this? 

Highly on a tangent, but does China possess any ELF / HAARP-like equipment?
    -------------------
    Not sure, but there is a document from the European parliament from over 13 years ago warning about HAARP 

Few parts From document:
    - having regard to the hearing on HAARP and Non-lethal Weapons held by the Foreign Affairs Subcommitee on Security and Disarmament in Brussels on 5 February 1998,
    - T. whereas, despite the existing conventions, military research is ongoing on environmental manipulation as a weapon, as demonstrated for example by the Alaska-based HAARP system,
    Considers HAARP (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Project) by virtue of its farreaching impact on the environment to be a global concern and calls for its legal, ecological and ethical implications to be examined by an international independent body before any further research and testing; regrets the repeated refusal of the United States Administration to send anyone in person to give evidence to the public hearing or any subsequent meeting held by its competent committee into the environmental and public risks connected with the high Frequency Active Auroral Research Project (HAARP) programme currently being funded in Alaska;
    edited October 2013
    It seems the short answer is yes. This video states if not already built they are building several which far exceed the Alaskan one in size. It creates a link between manipulating typhoons and creation of earthquakes which fits well with what dutchsinse points out. If countries such as Russia, China and USA  use their HAARPS as remote controlled weather and geological weaponry we are in for a rocky time. Even Norway and Australia have them so it makes perfect sense for China to do that as all the parts probably come from there anyway. It also explains why the last 3 typhoons to sidle past Japan were almost positioned alike. Certainly if Lekima and Francisco were revolving so fast and against each other a microwave pulse between them directed at the ground would have incredible force (I imagine). The question is - was the initiator trying to knock out Fukushima in this action with dire results. Surely they must know that if the reactor goes in the ocean we're all in big big strife as  the 1300 spent fuel rods will all touch.

• here's an article in regard to the original 9 EQ and similar thoughts as to HAARP (but not a Chinese one) being behind the eruption.
    http://jafrianews.com/2011/04/08/us-secret-weapon-haarp-caused-latest-japans-earthquake-and-tsunami/

• Strange ring in the sky the day before the March 2011 Tsunami and earthquake in Japan.

I really liked the ending of this video, but I do not think the Jap EQ was what Revelation was referring to...unless the video was saying HAARP is going to cause the eq and used the jap EQ as an example of how HAARP works? IDK, I was distracted when watching it 
    Magnitude 6.7 - TAIWAN - 2013-10-31
  • Magnitude 6.6 - COQUIMBO, CHILE - 2013-10-31
    Did I win yet?

Just checking.
    -------------------
  • Magnitude 6.5 - TONGA REGION - 2013-11-02
  • Magnitude 6.6 - NEAR EAST COAST OF KAMCHATKA - 2013-11-12
  • Magnitude 6.1 - ANDREANOF ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN IS. - 2013-11-13
  • Magnitude 6.1 - ANDREANOF ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN IS. - 2013-11-13
    Downgraded to a 5.9 Magnitude
  • Magnitude 6.1 - SCOTIA SEA - 2013-11-13
  • Magnitude 6.8 - SCOTIA SEA - 2013-11-16
  • Magnitude 7.6 - SCOTIA SEA - 2013-11-17
    edited November 2013
    Magnitude 6.1 - HALMAHERA, INDONESIA - 2013-11-19
  • Magnitude 6.0 - PAGAN REG., N. MARIANA ISLANDS - 2013-11-19
  • Magnitude 6.0 - STATE OF YAP, MICRONESIA - 2013-11-19
    Just keep on rollerblading in your licorice underwear, San Francisco. Me or MrP will win this yet.
    -------------------
  • Magnitude 6.5 - FIJI REGION - 2013-11-23
  • Magnitude 6.9 - FALKLAND ISLANDS REGION - 2013-11-25
  • Think Chile is in for a big one, offshore Valparaiso area
  • Magnitude 6.5 - KEPULAUAN BARAT DAYA, INDONESIA - 2013-12-01
  • Magnitude 9.9  - CENTRAL COAST WASHINGTON- Cascadia subduction zone
    Dec
    10:28
    Tue
    Why this date? Because my sons mom just abducted my son after I have been raising him on my own since he was 2 1/2 and he is 7 now, 7 is a very Biblical number, he was born on my birthday 9/11 isn't that ironic, the 17th of December is a full moon and has always been a bad day as bad things happen on them, I live on the West Coast of USA and I am pissed..... This is my warning!!!!!!!!!!!!   X(  GRRRRRRRRRRRR
    9.9!? That would basically sink half of North America, lol.

I hope you're able to overcome your challenges well before that, Hank. Peace and persistence solve most, if not all things.

-------------------
  • Thanks Matt, I'm in the process of moving to Canada already, a little ways inland. Most people have no idea how well the economy is up there. I just hope for the best too as it is all Gods will. Thanks for this site as it is informative and entertaining. I try to keep the humor going too even when things don't seem to be going so well.
    God Bless.
    Magnitude 9.9  - CENTRAL COAST WASHINGTON- Cascadia subduction zone
    Dec
    10:28
    Tue
    Why this date? Because my sons mom just abducted my son after I have been raising him on my own since he was 2 1/2 and he is 7 now, 7 is a very Biblical number, he was born on my birthday 9/11 isn't that ironic, the 17th of December is a full moon and has always been a bad day as bad things happen on them, I live on the West Coast of USA and I am pissed..... This is my warning!!!!!!!!!!!!   X(  GRRRRRRRRRRRR
    I'll bet you my house nothing happens my man (or at least nothing like a 9.9 EQ)
  • Each magnitude of earthquake is 10 times greater than the previous (see below for difference between a 7 and a 9) so imagining what the one in Japan did tsunami wise plus moving the earth a few feet in the case of Japan, Chile and Christchurch can one imagine the havoc a 9.9 (aka 10) would cause.  Doubtless one of that size would be very likely on a seaboard and the damage from an ensuing tsunami would be enormous.  Personally I pray that this will never eventuate though looking at the low level earthquake activity recently  wouldn't be surprised if we had a reasonable size one in next fortnight or so. This could be dependent on solar activity from observations by "dutchsinse". (just my thoughts).
    The Richter scale is logarithmic, meaning that
    whole-number jumps indicate a tenfold increase. In this case, the
    increase is in wave amplitude. That is, the wave amplitude in a level 6
    earthquake is 10 times greater than in a level 5 earthquake, and the
    amplitude increases 100 times between a level 7 earthquake and a level 9
    earthquake. The amount of energy released increases 31.7 times between
    whole number values.
    http://science.howstuffworks.com/nature/natural-disasters/earthquake6.htm

Wouldn't a 9.9 quake basically rip off a chunk of the Earth and send it flying into space?
    -------------------
  • Wouldn't a 9.9 quake basically rip off a chunk of the Earth and send it flying into space?
    *Brussels* likes space
  • edited December 2013
    No, it wouldn't but the geologists said "when"  the Cascadia  plate slips and the land snaps back that it could cause up to a 9.9 quake. I'm only going by what their surveys predict could happen. Because of the size of the plate and the amount that is stuck and past due for a "Mega Quake" I will go with the 9.9 prediction. I hope it doesn't but things aren't looking good for anyone on the Pacific rim as it will affect everyone who is..  [-O<
  • Yep! that's me for starters.  I read this about a 10 earthquake compared to a 9. Shocking isn't it.
    " According to energy charts though, a 10.0 quake has 32 times the energy
    of a 9.0 so that gives you a rough idea of how much more powerful a
    10.0 quake would be."

• edited December 2013
    OK, I see many publications between 8.0 and 9.2, I'm still sticking to 9.9  but upon researching this I stumbled on this other link that I think is just as important. Please look at this link. I will also post it on the main discussion page. Thanks for looking. I would post this link so that it could be viewed from here but it seems they have been removing some of them. I will post it so you can see it directly on the main page. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCTC7bAXhis
    I'm really surprised this round has gone on for so long. I wonder if this means a giant earthquake is unfortunately right around the corner.
    -------------------
  • Hey Matt, I told you mine and yes, I'm very sure it is. Have you seen how much activity is going on in Alaska and California but none in Oregon and Washington? The Cascadia Plate can't take much more till it snaps back and with the full moon coming up soon on the 17th which will have it's greatest pull.  So what do we win if we guess it ? And if my prediction comes true, there may be a strong chance I may wiped out by the Tsunami as I do live here on the Coast so can I donate my prize to someone else ?  :-/
    Usually we give a small "prize" of some sort to the correct winner, but the main point is to help build awareness among visitors of earthquake activity around the world. There really isn't any true "winner" of a contest like this since people will ultimately suffer, but due the inevitability of such events, it's better to use what's at hand to spread the message as far as possible.

And certainly, we can give your prize to another should you be pulverized by a 9.9 quake.
    -------------------
  • Okay thank you. Then I would like to donate my prize back to this site to keep it going. (*)
    You certainly don't have to wait until you're crushed by hundreds of feet of water to do that, since we have a handy donation banner on the right side to help keep the forums running.
    -------------------
  • Sure I would like to help. I went to send you a donation but the paypal account that is set up is asking for a monthly payment. I can make a donation this month but next month may not be able to. I think adding the option of a one time donation would allow participants to do that without being locked into a long term commitment. I understand it can be stopped at any time but most people don't want to go through the time of removing there subscription. I'm sure there are a lot of people that would donate with that option and not have to worry if their account will bounce with a NFS charge the following month. Maybe some that just stop in for a one time visit would like to do that too. Thank you.
    edited December 2013
    I appreciate the honest feedback, Hank.
    -------------------
  • Your welcome Matt, I hope the suggestion helped and I will send in a donation as soon as a one time donation is available. It will be worth your efforts as I plan on donating more then the $5 subscription. Thanks again for all you guys do. 

Hank
    edited December 2013
    Thank you for the kind words, Hank. It's our privilege.

Perhaps I'll look into setting that up this coming week and let everyone know.
    -------------------
    edited December 2013

12/09/2013 -- Yellowstone Earthquake Swarm -- Craton movement obvious OK, TX, WY, WA

craton edge earthquakes december 9 2013

Over the course of the past 48 hours, December 7th, through December 9th 2013 — a series of moderate sized earthquakes has struck directly along the edge of the North American Craton.

This newest craton edge earthquake swarm consists of upper 3.0M and
    mid-4.0M earthquakes occurring just South of Yellowstone National Park
    (supervolcano).  Still well within the newly defined perimeter of the underground magma chamber(s) associated with past eruptions.

This Yellowstone swarm is on top of yesterdays 4.5 magnitude
    event in Oklahoma, and the ADDITIONAL 3.7 magnitude event in Northeast
    Texas (both at fracking operation earthquake swarm locations).

http://sincedutch.wordpress.com/2013/12/09/12092013-yellowstone-earthquake-swarm-craton-movement-obvious-ok-tx-wy-wa/

I strongly feel something big is brewing in America.
    -------------------
  • As the full moon approaches
    this mid December night 
    all things coming brought by shadows light
    In the night, what a fright 
    The ground begins to rumble, we are brought to our knees in fright
    Just days earlier warned by smaller quakes
    seen across the lakes, these ripples not to cripple for what lies in wake
    Nine to the nines as registered to shake, all awake good Heavens sake
    Oh God help me escape this tsunami soon to take
    No riches no losses are that so wise as the loss of life claimed during this great demise
    A promise to you if you see me through
    To save the lives of souls of those
    Lost now found your grace is abound. To defeat the elite and humble their souls for reasons kept only Heaven knows

By Hank Horlings
  • OK this is very interesting, I have been watching the Earthquake maps almost daily for the past few years and noticed that Alaska has not had it's usual cluster of small earthquakes pretty much every day, nothing for the last couple days and hardly see them in Utah and Idaho but just now checked and there is a cluster of earthquakes in Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Washington and Vancouver. Very odd. 
    By your picture, Hank, and these lyrics / poetry, it would suggest that you are a song writer and strum a guitar now and then. Is this so? We even have a (very dusty) place on this forum for member's original creations, should you ever wish to let your star shine. I can't even remember the last time someone put something up there, but I think it was Lynsey.

I agree, the clustering is unusual and feels a bit odd. Maybe something huge is brewing on the planet. I wonder if there have been any new mass die offs anywhere, since those usually indicate an event is nigh.
    -------------------
    edited December 2013
    @Matt - There have been mass movements though. Are these movements "to" or "from" something? Experts are looking at this as a change in seasonal activity, but this could be blamed at any time of year. Before Cyclone Tracy in Darwin all the birds left and ants acted strangely. I believe creatures have a sixth sense which we've lost in regard to knowing things.

CBS News: 100s of whales in bay on California coast; It’s never been
    like this, we just can’t even believe it — Experts: We just aren’t sure
    what’s going on; “A once-in-a-lifetime chance… unheard of, it’s
    unbelievable, nobody’s seen this” (VIDEO)

Published: November 30th, 2013 at 4:22 pm ET

By ENENews

111 comments

Gary Griggs, director of the Institute of Marine Sciences and Long
    Marine Laboratory at UC Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz Sentinel, Nov. 29, 2013:
    Pelicans, sea lions, whales, and dolphins have been in an unusual
    feeding frenzy, astounding all of us who have visited the coast in the
    past few weeks. From Natural Bridges to Capitola and beyond, and well as
    offshore, the food chain is in full bloom at a time when we don’t
    normally experience this concentration of feeding animals. ... The
    intense blooms of life in October and nearly into December are odd. ...
    Exactly why we are seeing these incredible numbers of anchovies isn’t
    completely clear. There are some ideas that surface, perhaps the warmer
    water in the bay is more conducive to anchovy egg and larval survival
    right now, and the fish know that. But we aren’t sure. ... Now if you
    were reading carefully, you would notice I changed subjects, diverted
    your interest, and never really answered the question of why there are
    all those anchovies out there. If I was absolutely certain I knew the
    answer, I would definitely share it with you.

Nancy Black, marine biologist with Monterey Bay Whale Watch, San
    Jose Mercury News, Nov. 11, 2013: “This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance,
    so people should see it ... This is just unheard of. It’s unbelievable.
    Nobody has seen this anywhere in California. This is a record year for
    this feeding aggregation of humpbacks and sea lions. There’s just miles
    and miles of fish out there.”

CBS News, Nov. 27, 2013: It's blowing away even avid whale watchers
    such as Karen Sheffer. “It’s never been like this” she said. “This is
    phenomenal.” ... There are also dolphins and hundreds of sea lions. They
    are chasing an unexplained explosion of anchovies in the bay. Killer
    whales showed up to hunt the sea lions. “There’s easily over 100 to 200
    whales in Monterey Bay,” said Nancy Black, a marine biologist and the
    captain of a whale watching boat. “So this is like, you know, so
    exceptional we just can’t even believe it.” ... “So I’m just trying to
    tell the people how lucky they are to really witness this,” Black said.
    She knows this sea-life show will eventually end. For now, she says,
    just enjoy the view.

Watch the CBS broadcast here

See also: CBC News: Something very odd is happening in Pacific; Sea
    creatures acting strangely, species turning up where rarely seen --
    Related to Fukushima crisis? -- L.A. Lifeguard: Used to be 2 shark
    sightings a year, now it's 2 a day (VIDEOS)
    http://enenews.com/cbs-news-hundreds-of-whales-in-bay-on-california-coast-its-never-been-like-this-we-just-cant-even-believe-it-experts-we-just-arent-sure-whats-going-on-this-is-a-once-in-a-lifetime

Really good points and information, Rosie. Migrations are definitely just as important as die offs.

In fact, if I'm not mistaken, Lynsey mentioned to me a bunch of weird happenings regarding animal migrations as of late. Add that to your information, and to what we're all observing, it begins to resemble a giant set up.
    -------------------
  • Is it true that scientists are predicting a really big earthquake will sink western California?

This often comes up when when people talk about earthquake activity along the Pacific coast of the United States. Seismologists have predicted that a massive scale (8.0 or higher on the Richter Scale)
    earthquake will shake the region sometime within the next 30 years or
    so. This is the so-called "Big One" that makes many Californians
    understandably nervous and inspires a variety of apocalyptic disaster
    speculations.

But while the Big One would definitely wreak mass
    destruction, it would not sink part of California into the ocean, nor
    would it break the state off from the rest of the country. The idea
    comes from a misunderstanding of the seismic forces that cause earthquakes in the region.

Powerful
    earthquakes occur frequently along the west coast of the United States
    because the region is near a boundary between two tectonic plates. If you've read How Earthquakes Work, then you know that the earth's surface is made up of large, rigid plates that slowly drift over the mantle
    layer below. At the boundaries between plates, a number of things can
    happen. The Pacific plate and the North American plate simply grind
    against each other -- one creeps slowly northwest and one creeps
    southeast.

This boundary forms a fault line
    that extends under the ocean and on land along the west coast of the
    United States. The San Andreas fault in California is the piece that's
    on land. Smaller faults form in the crust material near the boundary
    line due to the forces of the plates pushing on each other.

Friction
    builds up along faults because the two sides are pushed very tightly
    together. If the force of friction exceeds the forces moving the earth,
    the two sides will become "locked," so they stop creeping. When this
    happens, tension builds up along the fault line until the force of
    movement is great enough to overcome the force of friction. Then the
    pieces of earth suddenly "snap" into place, releasing a large amount of
    energy that causes earthquakes in the earth's crust.

Many
    scientists estimate that there is enough tension built up along some
    locked California faults, that when they do finally slip, the earthquake
    will be extremely powerful. The Hayward Fault particularly concerns
    these scientists because it runs under heavily populated areas in and
    around Los Angeles.

The notion that part of California will break
    off was likely inspired by the San Andreas fault. After all, since the
    fault goes right through California, one part of the state is on the
    Pacific plate and one is on the North American plate. If those plates
    are moving in different directions, it make sense that the two pieces of
    California will move in different directions too.

And this is
    indeed the case. But, even in a massive shift along the fault, the
    plates travel an incredibly short distance -- a matter of feet in the
    most extreme shifts. The tension cannot build up to the point that one
    entire mass of land will shift many miles in relation to another one, so
    you will not see any sizable piece of land breaking away from another.
    Instead, the pieces of land will move away from each other very slowly,
    taking millions of years to make large scale changes. One end of
    California may slowly drift so that it is eventually under water, but
    this can hardly be construed as "sinking into the ocean."

http://science.howstuffworks.com/nature/natural-disasters/question567.htm

• @Matt,

Thank you Sir,  I would never claim to be a poet although I do like to try. I don't play the guitar but I do enjoy playing the piano. Never had a lesson in my life but people do like the way I play, I even play at restaurants when one is available and get complimented. In 5th grade my music teacher said I was tone deaf so I quit so for those that have a passion about something, don't listen to others that are negative. Do what you like, do what you love and enjoy the good that comes from it. I use to have a music studio and seen a lot of talent through there, gave those the opportunity to use their talent or to realize they had talent. This site also has the potential to allow those with talent and insight to express themselves and for that I thank you. 
  • @ Rosie
     I grew up in California, lived in LA and the Bay Area, I have experienced first hand the force of what an earthquake can do. The last big one I experienced in 1989, I was doing a remodel to a home and was on the roof when it happened, I jumped off the newly framed walls I was working on and jumped onto the roof of the existing garage. From there I was high enough to see across the San Jose valley, just high enough to see the earth moving like a wave across the ocean. It was something I will never forget. Our ground is not solid as people think. Can a portion of California break off? I think under the right circumstances it could. If a title wave were to allow the Oceans water rush in to the California Valley, I would think the amount of hydraulic pressure thrust into the San Andreas Fault would be enough to create even more pressure to split the plates apart, on top of that, if water got in the fault to the mantle under that much pressure it would be like one of the worst eruptions this Earth has seen since it's creation. I would hope it would never happen, but could it? My guess is that it could.  
  • @ Hank    I heard a tape about a young man forecasting from a dream he had back in the 30's or 40's about the earth rolling like the ocean in an earthquake in that area and devastation that followed it. But that one hasn't happened yet if his forecast was true as his forecast included a lot more. If that's the case I hope you and anyone else on the site isn't there if and when it happens.  Have been watching the earthquakes lately and there's been nothing large for some time. Sent an email to a friend saying I thought something big might be in the offing in December.
    and @ Matt and Lynsey Mrpops09 too  - posted a poem "World without Words" today.

...which should immediately be read by everyone here:

http://www.crisisforums.org/discussion/8468

-------------------
  • It appears there's been no EQ over 6 since 1st December! I'd been expecting one mid December. Are they waiting for Boxing Day again?

• The full moon is December 17th, Greater pull on the earth, I predict this day or one very close to it as being the next big one.
  • Have to agree with you on that likelihood plus we are very overdue for one. Even the 4.5 + count is low currently.

• Jim Berkland predicted the Loma Prieta earthquake

Jim Berkland was a geologist in Santa Clara, California and, on October 13th 1989, was discussed in an article titled “Is World Series Quake Coming?” The writer of the article quoted Berkland as saying that a major earthquake would soon hit the San Francisco area. The earthquake happened, on October 17th. Berkland was suspended for two months, and has given up making public predictions of this sort, claiming that he was warned of mass panic if he foretold earthquakes.

edited December 2013
    59 earthquakes 4.5+ in map area  - This is the current tally as at 7.22pm on 17th Dec. 2013
    I've never noticed the count to be so low in this sector of magnitudes.  There are only  5 showing as significant with the last over 6 being Indonesia on 8th Dec. 2013.
    1. 4.1 24km NNW of Lost Hills, California 2013-12-13 17:49:57 UTC+10:00 22.2 km
    2. 4.5 11km NNW of Jones, Oklahoma 2013-12-08 04:10:23 UTC+10:00 5.0 km
    3. 6.4 Kepulauan Barat Daya, Indonesia 2013-12-01 11:24:13 UTC+10:00 10.0 km
    4. 7.0 South Atlantic Ocean 2013-11-25 16:27:33 UTC+10:00 10.0 km
    5. 6.5 Fiji region 2013-11-23 17:48:32 UTC+10:00 371.0 km
    http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/#{%22feed%22%3A%227day_m45%22%2C%22search%22%3Anull%2C%22sort%22%3A%22newest%22%2C%22basemap%22%3A%22terrain%22%2C%22autoUpdate%22%3Atrue%2C%22restrictListToMap%22%3Atrue%2C%22timeZone%22%3A%22local%22%2C%22mapposition%22%3A[[-82.9403268016951%2C-467.578125]%2C[88.37910772917158%2C267.890625]]%2C%22overlays%22%3A{%22plates%22%3Atrue%2C%22faults%22%3Atrue%2C%22ushazard%22%3Atrue}%2C%22viewModes%22%3A{%22map%22%3Atrue%2C%22list%22%3Atrue%2C%22settings%22%3Atrue%2C%22help%22%3Afalse}}

• edited December 2013
    I can't believe my 9.9 prediction didn't come true, I was so sure of it  :-??  lol   There sure are a lot of 5.0 hitting the Asia Pacific rim this morning though  :-/  
  • Just a thought, as the Pacific Plates are showing signs of splitting apart this morning in the Asia area are we in for some significant movement along the North American Coast very soon?  (%)
  • Just noticed my last posting was number 88, just saying   :-?
    If your prediction were true, the Earth would probably be an asteroid belt drifting about the sun, lol. Perhaps something for us to celebrate, I guess, at the cost of a prize.

Wait, you did win a prize. The prize is that you get to live!
    -------------------
  • :-bd  Yayyyyyy                  OH WOW, DID YOU FEEL THAT???  :-SS DANG THAT WAS HUGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man, no worries it was just a fart,  :-$
    edited December 2013
    Well, probably more of a microburst than an EQ   %-(

• No earthquakes over 6 since 1st of December. That's a looong time. Anytime now...  *braces in readiness*

The lulls usually indicate something massive is to come. The planet is holding its breath before releasing a giant burp.
    -------------------
    edited December 2013
    5.8 Tonga and 5.6 north of Ascenscion Island - largest we've had for a while. 29/12/2013

Everyone start jumping up and down immediately.
    -------------------
  • We had a bigger one in Turkey 5.8 I think, but still waiting.  Jump harder!

• No earthquakes over 6 (significant) in 30 days.

edited January 2014
    Magnitude 6.6 - VANUATU - 2014-01-01
    Will this contest ever be won?

*glossy but hopeful eyes*

-------------------
This discussion has been closed.